Claiming Congenital Cerebral Palsy – Know Everything About It In Detail
Congenital is the term that is used, while describing any disorder in a child, during birth. Cerebral palsy is one such condition that is described as congenital. It is caused when a child fails to move inside mother’s womb, and stays still throughout the journey of pregnancy. Sometimes the condition might be caused, if mother suffers from any external damage to her stomach during pregnancy, resulting with the effect on the child growing inside her womb.
During the surgery or childbirth, the fetus might suffer from minor stroke because of the complications arise at the time childbirth. Such fetuses usually result with multiple sclerosis in the brain region of the child, which might suffer from cerebral palsy after the birth.
Congenital Cerebral Palsy
Fetuses that are born with abnormal brain activities in such areas that handle speech, locomotion and body postures are considered as the children who suffer from cerebral palsy in the future. The abnormalities will be caused in a child, because of the fetal stroke that the pregnant mother experiences, when in the beginning of her second trimester (14th week).
There are many reasons that can make mother prone to suffering from fetal stroke during her pregnancy. Some are listed below.
- Exposure to some illegal substances such as cocaine
- High blood pressure
- Viral infection
- High fever
- Low blood pressure
- Placental disorders
- Coagulation disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
Some of the genetic disorders of mother that can make the fetus suffer from cerebral palsy are,
- Disorders related to blood clotting
- Heart disorders
- Hemorrhage in the brain cells of the fetus
- Improper supply of oxygen to the fetal brain
- Presence of tiny holes in the white matter that are present in the brain, or also known as periventricular leukomalacias
- Malformation of brain blood vessels
Even though the mother and child are completely healthy, there might be some cases where the surgeons follow some improper procedures during the childbirth process, which usually result in making the child suffer from congenital cerebral palsy. During such cases, filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit against the hospital or the surgeon with the help of a cerebral palsy attorney will be the right way of making the guilty to pay for their negligence.
There are many reasons that can make you hire the legal help to take care of cerebral palsy case, in a stress free way. Some are listed below.
- They have wide knowledge about handling the cases that are associated with cerebral palsy injuries
- The attorneys can get their hands easily on the medical charts of every child that is born with cerebral palsy disorder in any medical institution. This will make them look through all possible leads of your case with the help of the medical care experts, nurses, caregivers, etc, working in any particular institution
Experienced cerebral palsy lawyers working for any law firm will have wonderful winning records in almost all the cases that they have handles so far. This is like an assurance for you that your case is handled by an expert legal advisor.