Green building is a novel type of building and construction and in a very less time, the technology has managed to grab both attention as well as appreciation. There are a lot of benefits of green building and infrastructure that has helped the concept grabbing much appreciation. Some of the major benefits of green building are described in the following sections.
Environmental benefits of Green building
The main focus of evoking the concept of green building is to bring about a better environmental condition within the entire world. Some of the major benefits of green building on environment include: –
- A major part of environment comprises of ecosystem and biodiversity. Green design professionals mainly focus at protecting as well as enhancing the biodiversity and the ecosystem. Therefore, it is extremely beneficial for the environment.
- With a greener form of building and construction, it is very obvious that there will be a visible improvement in the entire water as well as air quality of the particular geographical area.
- Waste streams is yet another very common type of environmental pollution which can be treated by making use of green building and construction.
- The concept of green building aims at conserving and restoring the all the renewable as well as non-renewable type of natural resources.
Social benefits of Green Building
All the conventional measures used for construction and building have been causing a great loss to the overall social part of the world. Green building tries to counteract on the same and has following benefits: –
- It is believed that by making use of the general and conventional measures of construction, health and comfort of the occupant gets hampered to a great extend. Green design professionals focus on the very same thing and brings about better health and comfort of the occupants.
- Improved air quality due to green building helps in maintaining a better health of the people living in and near the green building.
- It also helps in minimizing strain on the local types of utility infractures.
- Due to the enormous type of health benefits that it has on the occupants, it brings about a better quality of life.
Economic benefits of Green building
When talking in terms of economics, the overall benefits of green building are huge and can lead to enormous changes in the economy of the geographical area. Some of the major economic benefits of green building are as follows: –
- It is known for reducing the overall operational costs as compared to the costs in the general traditional type of construction and building.
- It enhances the value and the profit of the particular asset depending upon the type of the asset.
- The overall life-cycle economic performance can be enhanced to ten folds by making use of green building and construction.
- All these benefits together bring about a better productivity in the life of the occupant residing within the green building.
These are a handful of the plentiful benefits associated with the green building and construction processes. Keeping the above mentioned points into consideration almost every organisation should focus on this type of construction.