When traveling by airplane, is it not surprising we see some fleets management services who work around the aircraft with lots of ground support types of equipment some take charges of the cargo in and out of the planes others provide the fueling and electrical charge of the plane and others do the transportation of passenger from the airport to the boarding tarmac for taking off. This groups of people or company are referred to aviation management supplying the ground support equipment for aircrafts and aviation companies.
Report from the airport council international ACI identifies the tremendous increases in passenger traffic and cargo demands and the need for more ground support equipment such as cargo/baggage handling tugs, refuelers, tractors, and container loaders will be of high necessity to meet up all areas of demands will be on the increase.
The study shows that aircraft need to maintain a specific amount of charge when stationed at the dock terminal, companies, therefore, have to offer the services of producing the ground support equipment needed to meet up the demands which have eventually pave way for growth in telematics. Air operation is costly and time sensitive, therefore, the vehicle tracking and fleet management of airport ground support equipment should be able to provide the necessary services like cargo/baggage handling tugs, refuelers, tractors, and container loaders etc to make the work in the aviation easier to maintain.
There Are Benefits Of Using Fleet Management For Ground Support Equipment GSE
- Reduced The Setup Time For Operations: Ground support equipment management is able to provide a real-time location visibility of equipment. Having an idea of where your assets are located reduced the necessity of searching for borrowed equipment. Notification is generated for assets leaving and entering restricted areas.
- Easier And More Accurate Tracking Of Hours And Distance: Airport handling equipment is able to track mileage or hours, eliminate the time consumed in physical checking and monitoring which can be costly.
- Reduced Fuel And Maintenance Costs: The use of ground support types of equipment has been able to reduce the cost of operations for most airlines through monitoring of engine idling time and power take-off use. Supplemental inputs are also available to use a huge number of other sensors with third-party devices.
- Lower The Cost Related To Downtime Maintenance: Ground support management responds quickly to monitoring, diagnostic trouble code information which makes it possible to proactively reach out to equipment issues earlier before they result in costly repairs or asset downtime.
- Improved Airport Safety: Enforcing airport safety and policies like the use of seat belt and startup sequences and by also detecting aggressive driving on driveable assets.
- Lower The Risk Of Unauthorized Use: This is achieved by tracking off-hours usage and are equally available on older equipment that does not have a diagnostic port. Both the 12 volt and 24-volt assets can be equipped.
However, fleet management for ground support equipment reduces the general stress in running aircraft with all modernize mechanism adopted to help, speed up services its required for effective management applications.