8 Reasons To Live In Atlanta
Are you looking for a great location to move to and live in? There are many reasons why you may want to relocate to a different place – strategic location, better jobs, more affordable cost of living, and nicer weather. No matter what your reasons may be, Atlanta should definitely be at the top of your list of places for consideration.
This populous city in the state of Georgia has consistently been the top American destination for relocation for the past seven years. If you’re wondering why, here are some reasons why you may also want to try moving to Atlanta:
- Available jobs. High unemployment rates in some cities can strongly drive away people towards cities that have a lot of good jobs available. Atlanta offers a lot of good jobs even for those who have just graduated from college. Recent college graduates can earn over $50,000 per year in Atlanta. It is also among the best US cities for jobs.
- Affordable rent. If you are looking for a city that has a low cost of living, Atlanta is an excellent option. Atlanta has among the lowest average rent for one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments compared to other cities in the United States. A new college graduate can expect higher starting salaries and more space for the amount of rent they will be paying – definitely a huge reason for many young professionals to make the move.
- Excellent weather. Although Atlanta weather can be described as hot and humid, it has gentle winters and lots of sunny days in a year. It is less humid than other Southern cities, making it an excellent option for those living in nearby cities.
- Big city. If you are into big cities, Atlanta offers that without the high cost of living. It is the most populous city in Georgia and it is the ninth largest city in the United States. This means that you won’t be lacking in places to see and explore! Among the city’s attractions are the Georgia Aquarium which is the largest indoor aquarium in the world, the Atlanta History Center, the Atlanta Zoo, the Piedmont Park, the Centennial Olympic Park, and the High Museum of Art, among others.
- Best colleges and universities. Some of the country’s best colleges and universities are in Georgia and within city limits of Atlanta. Some of the choices are Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia State University, and the Atlanta University Center Consortium which consists of Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, Morehouse School of Medicine, Spelman College, and the Interdenominational Theological Center.
- Easy access. There are lots of great US cities to live in, but one major edge of Atlanta over them is it is highly accessible thanks to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. It is the country’s busiest local and international airport and you will find it easy to go anywhere you want within the country or to other countries. This airport services flights to more than 150 US destinations and more than 75 international destinations.
- Great dining out options. In any city, the selection of restaurants is always something to consider. Atlanta offers a wide range of options for dining out. The selections are varied and there is something for everyone. Aside from the plethora of restaurants, those living in Atlanta also get to enjoy various weekly farmer’s markets and food trucks.
- Art, music, sports. This city also has so much to offer in terms of arts, music, and sports. There is always an art exhibit, music event, or sports game that you can go to. Just like with the varied food choices available, there is always something for everyone when it comes to the art, music, and sports scene in Atlanta.