What to do when you are Infected with Flu?
Whenever winter comes, it gets lots of viruses with it. The germs which come with the winter winds certainly gets along a lot of illnesses. These viruses also get germs which cause flu and influenza. Flu is a minor illness which comes to people and causes infections and colds to people who are young and healthy. It also affects people who are old and have a history of diseases with diabetes and heart problems. Flu further goes and weakens the person with pneumonia. This does not help a person to get well in a quick duration and weakens the person. Flu is an infection which is contagious and spreads very fast. In no time the infection is spread from one person to many. So, we always need to treat it fast and be healthy. It spreads with the touching of infected person’s clothes, his hanky and even a doorknob if it is touched by the person having the infection.
How to be Safe from Flu?
- The authorities which are responsible for the prevention of diseases has advised the people to go for kitchener flu vaccines, nasal sprays or flu shots every year for the prevention of the disease. They are available in your nearest pharmacy. This shot is also covered by the insurance plan of many people. You can also get the shot in a doctor’s clinic and also at the local health department. It is also available in groceries store and pharmacies at some point of the year when there are many cases of the virus infection.
- Flu shots are recommended for people ages of 50 and above as they are more prone to getting infected with the disease. The effects of the shot take nearly two weeks so you need to take it two weeks prior when you know the flu season is approaching.
- The vaccine usually changes every year according to the infection which is spread. It can be or cannot be the same every year. So you need to check with the place you are going to get the shot.
- The doctor’s clinic, as well as the local health department, gets too crowded during the infection is on the go. At this time, there are pharmacies which have the shot and can give you the shot at the table. The Kitchener pharmacies provide the shot to the people who cannot get it from the doctor or the health store can get the shot anytime from the pharmacy.
- The pharmacies have expert people who are well qualified enough to make people understand the procedure of consuming the shot in a proper manner. They instruct people who come to the Kitchener pharmacies in a proper process. The dosages are different for people with different ages as the children have to take a smaller dosage compared to adults consuming the same shot.
Therefore, shots can be useful and excellent options to prevent or sometimes cure flu. One should not sit at home and think of treating flu by opting for home remedies as they take a longer time to cure. They can be done along with the shot of the vaccines to get cured faster.
You can connect to us on Google+, find us on Facebook or tweet to us on Twitter.