How To Hire Professional Air Conditioner Service? What Are The Checklists To Be Maintained?
An air conditioning system is a very crucial component of your house and it is used a lot throughout a year. Like every other equipment, AC also develops small problems and issues as it operates. Such problems just continue to build up and eventually turn into full blown repairs. So, regular air conditioner service is very mandatory to avoid such issues. There are many air conditioner service companies who make tall claims when you buy the product from their shop, but they fail to do even a minor duct repair, when it comes to the regular maintenance of the air conditionings system. You must also remember that there are three essential benefits of going for a regular air conditioner service:
- Reduced repair: The technicians inspect every component of your home’s air conditioner during service visits. They search for every small problems and issues that might develop. They will fix such issues thus preventing more costly repairs.
- Increase in equipment life: Small problems in your AC can cause heavy damage to your system. These small issues multiply thus causing the system to fail permanently. The parts of the air conditioner, like the outdoor unit, the filters, the air fins and the water cooling area needs to be cleaned and checked, to enhance the longevity of the machine.
- Increased efficiency: With the development of small problems occurring in your air conditioning system, the efficiency of the system decreases. On removing such problems on a regular basis results in a more efficient system.
What are the things to consider before you go for an air conditioning service?
- Condenser Coil: The dirty condenser coil increases the refrigerant pressure thus increasing the energy bill, so it requires regular cleaning. Inspection and testing of the controls is also essential.
- Refrigerant charge: Thermos charging method checks this. A high or low refrigerant charge can go unobserved. This leads to an increase in the operating costs to 30%.
- Cleaning and inspection of contactors and relays: This is very important as worn out contacts and loose wires can lead to motor failure.
- Unit wiring: Loose connections can result in the failure of motor, control or compressor. Thus, in order to avoid this, loose connections are inspected and tightened.
- Crankcase heater: They should be operationally inspected. Compressor can fail if they do not work properly.
Regulation of temperature and pressure after a thorough servicing is done:
A precise record of your equipment’s crucial data can indicate potential problems, which can be eliminated. Thus, temperature and pressure should be regularly taken and recorded. Moreover, you must also remember that bad capacitors lead to the failure of compressor and the motor so they should be tested for their performance. An overheated disconnects leads to the blowing of fuse, which is very dangerous. Therefore, it should be thoroughly tested. Also worn-out pulleys and loose belts reduce the airflow, shortens the compressor’s life and increase the operating costs, so they need to be lubricated well to enhance the longevity of the air conditioning system. Apart from this, you must check know that dust and algae can block condensate drain causing extensive water damage to your furnace, so checking these is of paramount importance.
Similarly, the compressor, the air filter and the calibration of the thermostat must also be checked by professional air conditioner service professionals. Improper calibration of the thermostat causes the unit to run longer than its requirement thereby adding 5%-8% to the cost of cooling.
Last but not the least, inappropriate voltage and amp increase the operating costs and shortens the life of any motor. So, blower motor, condenser fan motors and compressor should be checked and recorded.
The above mentioned all the information about air conditioning will be helpful for getting top air conditioning services and maintenance for your home or office.