5 Decorating Tips For Your Home
Your home should be comfortable and the place that you never want to leave. Decorating your home may seem like a difficult task, but it does not have to be. There are many things you can do to decorate your home that are simple to do and many of them are fairly inexpensive. Consider the following 5 decorating tips for your home to help you get started:
1. Choose a color scheme, but do not be afraid to go outside the box a little. For example, if you are focusing on your bedroom, purchase a comforter you like and use one of the colors in the comforter to use throughout the room. It doesn’t have to be the main color of the comforter. It could just be the color that is shown the least in the material on the comforter. The idea is to highlight one color throughout your whole bedroom, from using the color in your draperies to pictures hanging on the wall.
2. While many stores offer home décor in sets, do not think that everything in your home has to match. Pick a few items out of a set of décor that you like and then choose pieces outside the collection to add to it. Not only will this let your own personal style shine, but it will also break up the room so that everything does not look the same.
3. The easiest way to decorate your home in the style you prefer is to utilize the many different shades of paint. For example, if you are going for the cottage style décor in your home and have chosen a sea blue paint for the walls, consider accenting different pieces in your home with a lighter shade. Tables, chairs, and picture frames can quickly be taken apart and painted and it can quickly freshen up the décor you have chosen.
4. Utilize mirrors in every room in your home. This is especially important if you have a smaller house. However, when hanging the mirrors, do not place them directly across from a window. This will simply bounce the light coming in the window back out. Instead, hang the mirrors perpendicular to take advantage of the light.
5. Your lighting should have two functions in the room. One is to provide adequate light to everyone in the room and the other is to add to the décor. Lighting is usually the one area where people get lost. Your lights do not have to be the standard ceiling lights anymore. Instead, get creative with your lighting. It is very easy to find lights that have been repurposed from other items. For example, a lamp made out of an old coffee urn or a stack of books. The key is to find lighting that will help you to create the atmosphere you want.
The thing to remember in decorating your home is that there is no book with a set of rules. By using your imagination and your own personal style, you can create a home that speaks to you and those who visit. The key is to remember that it is what you like that matters.
Tulsa Property Managers is a Jenks property management company offering professional property and real estate management, consulting and sales services throughout the Jenks and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma area.