Are you now excited to move to your new home? If so, you should also be prepared with the relocation process because it would be less fun to you. Moving is a daunting task that you need to contact utility companies, spruce up the entire home and hires a Port Macquarie removals expert. So how to save yourself from pain? Here are 8 packing tips to help moving much easier.
- Pack as early as possible. The time it takes to pack all your things greatly depends on the number. If you are leave a large house, two months should be enough in packing one box a day. On the other hand, one month maybe fine for smaller ones. It is always better to keep things ahead in order to spare yourself from cramming later.
- Get started with rooms you need the least. This tip actually makes sense to pack the items that you don’t actually use in a daily basis. These seasonal items include gardening tools, Christmas lights, coats and other things. This will cause some chaos during the moving process so make sure that you are adept with these items.
- Work with one room at a time. This is one of the most significant packing tips to make moving hassle-free. Unfortunately, for any reason, it is sometimes overlooked. But packing one room at a time will actually keep you organized. The movers will be informed about the unloading process and to which place will each box go.
- Label the boxes. It’s a nice idea to label each box with a marker. Instead of labeling the top part, it would be better to write the contents on both sides of the boxes. This way, it would be easier to recognise. It’s also a great help to use different colour for each room. In fact, using color would also make moving stress-free and fun to your kids.
- Place the heavier boxes underneath. This tip might actually be a common sense, but it is important to mention. By putting heavy boxes on the bottom, the lighter boxes, rest assured that there would be no breakable items that will get crushed during the process of moving. According to moving experts, you can streamline the process of moving by means of loading boxes that are full of furniture parts and books.
- Dispose harmful materials. Never forget to include the health of the family in your priorities when moving. Hence, make sure that you properly dispose all hazardous materials that could be risky to everyone.
- Take snapshots of complicated set-ups. If there are some set-ups that are complicated for you, it is a brilliant idea to snap a photo before you disassemble it. By doing so, you’ll have a quick reference later on.
- Make sure not to exceed the 30-pound limit. When you exceed 30 pounds, chances are you might suffer from injury or one of the boxes will tear down. Hence, pack lighter items in larger boxes while put the heavier items in smaller boxes.
Moving is not supposed to be painful. If you only follow these moving tips, you would surely break free from the hair-yanking hassle of relocation. While considering the art of moving, it is also paramount to work things out with a professional synthetic turf Sydney expert.