High temperature bearings make for a top quality solution for all applications that tend to be normally beyond the capacity of standard bearings. These bearings can work in high temperature ranges due to their strong performance and quick availability characteristics. These bearings are mainly designed for delivering increased reliability, decreased impact on the environment and reduced complexity in operating temperatures which are up to 350°C. Most varieties of these bearings manufactured by different companies meet the ISO standards of grease lubrication. This is the main reason why cost savings and production efficiencies can easily be adjusted by making simple changes to bearing solution.
The Advantages of Using Bearings that can work in High Temperatures
High temperature bearings provide the following advantages:
- Reduction in total operational costs by way of an increase in bearing service life.
- The operation is lubrication-free
- Machine complexity is reduced
- Environmental impact is reduced
- The bearings perform excellently in dry environments, in applications that require low rotation speed and in hot conditions.
High temperature bearings are manufactured by a large number of companies in a wide assortment and as per ISO standards. The choice of a suitable bearing is completely dependent on the type of bearing and operating conditions of the machine being used. This means that the choice of a bearing is mostly dependent on the speed and the temperature of the machine which is being used for the procedure. The different varieties of these bearings available in the market include:
- Y-bearings which are also called insert bearing
- Deep groove ball bearing
- Spherical roller bearing
Other varieties include:
- Thrust ball bearing
- Tapered roller bearing
- Cylindrical roller bearing
All these bearing varieties make use of graphite lubricant along with high speed additives. You can also get hold of customized varieties of these bearings to be used in equipment like an automatic wafer baking oven, in chains and in industrial furnaces.
Uses of Bearings that can Work in High Temperatures
A high temperature bearing can be used for a number of important purposes, but prior to using these bearings, you must ensure that you get them from recognized sources. The areas where these bearings can be used include:
- Industry for food and beverages in wafer baking and continuous baking ovens.
- Paint lines
- Metal industries in the form of cooling beds for steel plates, steel plate conveyor for all hot materials, roller tables and as guide rolls for wire mills.
- Fan assemblies and heater units.
- Textile machinery
- High temperature kilns
- Industrial ventilation.
When buying these bearings you need to make sure that you get them at an affordable range and from some of the most recognized bearing manufacturers in your locality. If you want, you can even order the bearings online, but for this you need to carry out a thorough research. There are different manufacturers available online. You can contact them directly and get top quality bearings.