Head Over Heels In Love With Wall Decals? Here Are The Tips On How To Choose It!
Wall decals are garage these days. And yes, we have seen them everywhere, starting from the local grocery shop and posh hotels to kindergartens. As common as they might seem, you can’t deny they can pep up an interior space almost instantly. And that is probably the reason why they are still in vogue. If you too think they can be a great addition to your home, why not get them right away? They are cool, trendy and of course easy to use.
Almost any residential interior designer would agree to use wall decals on demand. So, if you are hiring a professional interior designer, you can ask them what kind of decals would go with your interiors. If, however, you are getting one just to add some fun to your room, you can select it by following the tips below-
- The first and foremost thing is to decide where you want to put it. Since it’s a sticker which is not that easy to remove, you should stick it on your wall after a good amount of thought. Choose a wall where it will be visible to your guests. Lighting is also an important factor. If you are going to stick it on a wall that gets no direct light then you will end up ruining the look of the decal.
- Another important thing to consider is the size of the decal. Is it the right size for the room or the wall where you want to stick it? There are some decals that look amazingly beautiful but because they are either too large or too small, you can’t go for them. And that is why considering the aspect of size is extremely important.
- Yes, you are in love with that particular decal you saw on that home furnishing website, but is it going to set the right mood for your room? This is a question that needs to be answered before choosing a decal. For instance, you want one for your study room. Now, it can’t be a silhouette of Marylyn Monroe, which could, of course, be distracting. Again, if you are looking for a decal for your bedroom, you cannot go for a tiger or something similar to that. It will only scare you! Wild animals are also a strict no-no when you wish to put your wall decal in your kids’ room. Choosing the right decal is extremely important!
- While it’s alright to select a color of your choice, you should choose it considering the color of the paint on the walls of your room. A color that complements the paint will enhance the beauty of the room. If however, you love the contrast, you can go for a contrasting color too, but only within the permissible color range.
- Make sure your decal is safe to use. Going for VOC-free, lead-free and phthalate-free decals would be the best.
If you think there are still chances that you would go wrong with your decal choice, you can hire an interior designer from India. They are the best and know their stuff well!