Keep Your Family Safe. Fit A Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Families are the most important thing you can have in life. They cannot be replaced if accidents happen so it’s vitally important to do everything you can to protect them from harm; and that includes whilst they are sleeping. So, if you care about your loved ones, fit a carbon monoxide alarm to keep them safe.

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a tasteless, colourless and odourless gas which is toxic to humans. Carbon monoxide forms when there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide, for example when operating a car engine or a stove etc in a confined space. It is also produced naturally by forest fires and volcanoes.

When carbon monoxide is inhaled it combines with haemoglobin in the blood to form carboxyhaemoglobin which affects the amount of oxygen that can be transported around the body leading to carbon monoxide poisoning. Symptoms include headache, nausea, dizziness and vomiting even in mild cases. In severe cases it can actually lead to death.

We’ve all read in the papers of accidents that have occurred to individuals or families when they have accidentally breathed in this dangerous gas from perhaps a faulty heating appliance; however these types of accidents are largely preventable with one simple precaution; a carbon monoxide alarm.

Which Alarms To Go For?

Carbon monoxide alarms are available in both battery powered and mains powered versions; neither of them being expensive and can be easily fit in a suitable location. One great suggestion is the Aico carbon monoxide alarm which is just £114.95 + VAT from Edwardes Bros. They come with an easy to use test button so you can test it regularly for peace of mind and most come with a five year guarantee. Some also have a replaceable sensor module to extend the life from five years to ten. With the mains powered versions you’ll also get a lithium back up battery and some models will have a memory feature to show the last recorded CO level.

It really does make sense to fit such a simple alarm to detect this very dangerous gas and keep your family safe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *