Car insurance is must for all the drivers in Mexico. You may not be a frequent driver and may wonder what to do in this case? Here is a best solution for you. You can obtain short-term Mexican car insurance if you are an infrequent driver. You need not pay for entire twelve months if you are not going to drive for the entire twelve months. Your insurance can vary from day basis to month basis. The only important thing is that you have to be twenty one years older.
How to Decide?
So, you may have a question that how to know whether you need a short term insurance service. Assume that you have a friend or relative’s marriage in upcoming days or you may plan to shift your home and you need a car from your friend as your vehicle is under repair. At this case, instead of adding you to the user’s existing insurance, you can acquire a short-term car insurance ranging from one day to one month basis.
Say, you are buying a new car and you have some issues in getting permanent insurance. You may have some emergency and may be in a situation to drive your new car. In this case, you can get a short-term car insurance to travel in the days before getting permanent insurance.
Actually, getting per day and per month insurance is cheaper when compared to getting twelve months insurance.
How to Get Temporary Insurance?
There are some things which you should posses before applying for a temporary insurance. They include:
- The owner’s permission
- Next thing is to get all the details about the car you wish to ensure
- Your driving details or driving license
- You should also carry the proof of your personal details
- After getting all these details, you can enter it and get a quote. Then you can make your payment of amount and print all documents.
What is Covered?
Your temporary Mexican car insurance covers:
- The damage caused by fire
- The damage caused to the car in an accident
- Replacing your car with new one
- Recovery in case of accident and repair
- Loss, robbery or theft to the car
- Coverage for damage others’ property or car
- Coverage for death or injury to the other party
Your temporary car insurance also covers some add-ons including the coverage for break down, coverage for your scratches and wheels. There are only an inadequate number of short-term car insurance suppliers. You can browse through the sites and find the best provider by reading the reviews and checking the ratings.
It takes only some minutes for you to fill the online form and make online payment to get your temporary insurance. The usual period of temporary car insurance ranges from usually one day to 28 days. You can avoid paying excess amount for the period in which you are not going to use your car by getting temporary car insurance.