Most Common Impaired Risk Life Insurance Topics
Impaired risk life insurance is the go-to policy for high risk insurance applicants. With its wide coverage including pre-existing conditions, you truly get the value for your money when you invest in this type of policy.
Here are some of the topics, questions, and issues involved with impaired risk life insurance policies.
But isn’t it too expensive?
One of the most common impaired risk life insurance topics is its price. Remember that this particular kind of insurance deals with applicants who have pre-existing conditions or live a risky lifestyle.
An example would those working under hazardous conditions. This is the kind of applicant will surely get a rejection from insurance companies that offer standards policies. That is definitely not the case with impaired risk life insurance. As it covers even pre-existing conditions, understandably, its price is relatively higher compared to a regular insurance.
Good news is that there has been a rise of insurance companies that focus on impaired risk. Given the number, you can expect that these companies will offer competitive packages to attract more clients to invest in this particular product.
How do I get considered as a high risk applicant?
There are several questions that underwriters ask to ascertain if an impaired risk life insurance is a good fit for you. Some of these questions include:
- Have you been hospitalized in the last 10 years?
- Have you had surgery in the past decade?
- Are you taking prescription medicine?
- Do you have history with drug or alcohol abuse?
- Do you work in dangerous conditions?
- Is there family history of certain diseases (diabetes, cancer, heart)?
If you say yes to three or more questions, there is a big chance that you will be considered a high risk applicant.
How do I get the best impaired risk life insurance rates?
Amongst the most common impaired risk life insurance topics is how to ensure that you get the most value for your money by getting wide coverage at an affordable rate. Here are some ways to do just that:
- Get an agent or an adviser. It is different when you have someone who knows what they are doing right by your side. Getting someone experienced on your side would truly be helpful as you try and find the best policy for you.
- Put together a short note or a longer letter. Explaining your current situation will definitely matter in the grand scheme of things. Highlight what you are doing better. It may just positively influence the underwriters who will investigate and ultimately decide on the premium that you will have to pay.
- Quick quoting. Basically, you can shop around for the perfect impaired risk life insurance. You can compare policies and prices of available insurance policies before reaching a conclusion.
- Pay annually. Usually, if you make a single payment to cover the entire year, you get to have discounts and other benefits that the high risk applicant will surely enjoy.
- Ask for reconsideration. You can do this annually, especially if there are positive changes to your lifestyle or health condition.
Given its all-encompassing nature and its flexibility to adjust to one’s budget, it is high time to give impaired risk life insurance a try. While it comes across as a little pricey, it truly is worth it when the security and safety of your loved ones are at stake.
Written by the Paul Long Agency, an impaired risk life insurance company.