The TPO roofing is increasingly gaining popularity nowadays for its numerous benefits such as durability, affordability, easy installation process, etc.
However, for a layman be it asphalt roofing or TPO roofing, it is nothing but one of the terms of roofing. Hence, it becomes essential to hire a commercial roofing company to get the guidance on the type of roofing option that suits your criteria the most.
Here are the pros and cons of the TPO (thermoplastic olefin) roofing you should know.
The Thermoplastic polyolefin roofing commonly known as TPO roofing is a single ply roofing system made up of thermoplastic polyolefin membrane. It is composed of three layers viz. TPO polymer system, polyester-reinforced fabric center, and thermoplastic polyolefin.
Benefits Of TPO Roofing:
- Affordable Cost: One of the benefits of TPO roofing that attracts you the most is its affordable price. Be it for a residential purpose or commercial roofing, it suits both the premises. TPO roofing gives the benefits of PVC roofing like hot-air weldable seams and energy efficiency at affordable prices.
- Variety Of Colors: It provides with a variety of colors such as white, light gray and black that can match your background very well. Unlike the earlier time, all the types of TPO roofing membrane gives the same resistance from UV rays, so you don’t need to rely upon the white color roofing.
- Durability: As compared to the single ply roofing, the TPO roofing is more durable. The TPO roofing resists the mold growth, dirt accumulation, tears impacts and punctures more than any other thermoplastic membrane. Moreover, the reinforced TPO membrane is more effective in thermal expansion and contraction compared to other ply roofing.
- Easy Installation: Another advantage of TPO roofing is its easy installation. Unlike, the tile shingle and such other shingles that cost very high for installation and removal, the TPO roofing proves to be one of the best options. Its installation is not only cost effective but also saves the energy and time for installation.
- Saves The Cooling Cost: The high energy efficient membrane of TPO roofing keeps the premises calm that results in saving the energy used in keeping the place cool.
During the summer, the extreme use of air-conditioning not only affects your pocket severely but also affects the environment by the heavy emission of carbon dioxide. With the use of TPO roofing, you can save your money as well as your environment.
- Ambiguous Endurance: The TPO roofing technology is a newly introduced technology that is still growing and improvising. There is a lot of ambiguity going on about the durability of the TPO roofing. However, it is surely a durable product compared to some other roofing systems.
- Lack Of Heat Resistance: In the case of high thermal or solar loading, it has been observed that the TPO roofing membranes face issues of accelerated weathering. Constant research and developments are in process to bring in the better and advanced technology that can resolve the problems related to heat and durability. However, for the time being, TPO roofing cannot be considered suitable for areas having high temperature throughout the year.
Every roofing system contains some advantages and some drawbacks. At times a wrong choice of roofing leads you to repair or re-roofing expenditure in a very short span of time. Hence, it is imperative to figure out the best option that matches with the atmosphere, budget, and your requisites.
For instance, if your premises are situated at the cold-temperature area, and you need the faster installation at affordable prices, the TPO roofing is one such option you should prefer.
You should make sure to take the advice of professionals like southshoreroofingma.com to take their expert advice on the same. However, the ultimate decision has to be yours.