Picking an agency that will send a live in carer to your loved one’s home is a large responsibility that shouldn’t be taken lightly. You’ll need to gather as much information as you can to compare the services that each agency provides. Your goal will be to find the agency that meets the majority of your requirements so that your loved one will get the care that they need to carry on their life as close to normal as possible. Use the steps below to find the right agency to hire for your live in care needs.
- The first step in finding the right home care company for your loved one is to determine what their needs are and how much they can afford for this help. Once you have an idea of what is needed you can make a list of about three agencies and interview them to see what they can offer you for the money that is available. This list should only include the companies that can meet the needs of your loved one. Once you have narrowed your choices down you can then compose a set of questions to discuss with each company.
- Live in care agencies provide a plethora of services but you must discuss what you expect with them thoroughly. Always ask them the same set of questions so that you can accurately compare them once the interviews are over. Invite the company’s representative to come to your family member’s home so that they can see what type of working environment the staff will be working in. Their experience may also guide them to offer suggestions that you haven’t considered.
- Some of the questions on your list should include:
- Is the agency UKHCA registered? This will ensure you and your loved one of receiving high quality care.
- How does the agency treat its employees? Do they have a high turnover rate? A company that doesn’t take good care of its staff may not take the right type of care of your loved one.
- Request their price list and have it explained thoroughly to you. You may also want to review their contract so that you can see the details of the responsibilities and roles of carers.
- Has their staffs had professional development and training that has prepared them for caring for your loved one?
- Finally, are the company representatives cordial, pleasant, and easy to talk to? A company that has excellent communication skills and a team of well-trained staff members will be able to listen carefully to your requests and meet them successfully. Working with a team of professionals can make a great deal of difference in how your loved one views the entire experience.
If you use some of the tips discussed above, you’ll be able to find the right agency with which to work and make the life of your loved one more comfortable and enjoyable.